How to Join the Fine Speakers Bureau
The Fine Speakers Bureau was created for talented Toastmasters who want to speak outside Toastmasters.
welcome to apply for membership, if you meet the following minimum eligibility
- You are a current or former member of a Toastmasters club. (This
requirement may be waived by the Bureau president for exceptional speakers.)
- You have attained at least Competent Toastmaster or Competent Communicator
status or accomplished at least 10 speeches at venues outside Toastmasters
clubs; and you accomplished at least three speeches longer than 10 minutes
each outside Toastmasters clubs or the Bureau President waived the
requirement for outside speeches.
Disclaimer: The Fine Speakers Bureau is not affiliated with Toastmasters
International, Inc. The name Toastmasters is a trademark of Toastmasters International,
Why join the Bureau if You don't Get paid
Each member who joins the Fine Speakers Bureau has his or her own unique
reasons. Here are the most stated reasons:
- You want to polish your speaking skills and develop as a speaker by presenting
great speeches to regular audiences (outside Toastmasters).
- You are passionate about a topic or you have expertise in certain subjects
and you want to share the information with the public or want to make difference
in people's lives.
- You want to find new clients for your products or services (whether you
work for yourself or for a company). The best proactive business development
strategy is to demonstrate expertise regularly by giving informative talks
in front of targeted groups of potential new clients. Remember: people do business
with, recommend, and give referrals to, people they know, trust, and
remember. Would you like more potential clients to know you?
- You want to become a professional speaker. The bureau gives you the opportunity
to prove yourself as a speaker, establish a history of speaking engagements,
and make yourself known to potential clients. No fee speaking engagements
can lead to paid speaking engagements and to sales of products or services.
- You are a professional speaker and you want to be out there where potential
clients can find you and get to know you. If potential clients don't know
about you, they can't hire you or recommend you. If they don't know about
your products or services, they don't need them.
- You want the credential of Accredited Speaker available through
Toastmasters International. The bureau gives you the opportunity to accumulate
speaking engagements to become eligible to apply and give you a forum where
you can prepare. Read more about the Accredited Speaker Program at: http://www.toastmasters.org/asapp.aspx
- You want to spread the word about Toastmasters and attract new members to
your Toastmasters Club (e.g., you are a club officer).
- You want to spread the word about Toastmasters and attract new members to existing
Toastmasters clubs or create interest in forming new Toastmasters clubs
(e.g., you are an Area Governor).
How to Apply for Membership
When you are ready, before you submit your application, do the following:
- Print the membership agreement and keep a copy for your reference. Click
here for a copy (PDF).
- Review a sample speaker listing to familiarize yourself with the type of information
you need to prepare for your speaker profile. Click
here for a sample.
- Print and review the Speaker's Bureau Listing Form to familiarize your
self with the type of information you will need to provide.
- Contact the Bureau President
Here's how to apply:
Step 1. Read and agree to the terms of the membership agreement.
Step 2. Submit an application for consideration by provide all of the
- Completed Speakers
Bureau Listing Form (submit online).
- A passport style digital image of
yourself (provide by email).
- Evidence of one speaking engagement (10 minutes or longer) outside
Toastmasters (e.g., a letter of acknowledgement from a client, copy of brochure, press
release). The Bureau President may
waive this requirement for exceptional speakers.
- Application fee of $25.
*We recommend that prior to submitting
the online listing form, that you type your speaker listing information in a
document, edit the information to be concise, spell check it for typos and save
it. Then copy and paste the information onto the online form during submission.
Step 3. You will be notified within 30 days if your application was accepted.
No action will be taken on your application if your application is incomplete
(i.e., you did not provide the items requested in Step 2). Your application fee will be returned if the application is not approved or your
application remains incomplete for longer than 30 days. If you are accepted as a
member, your application fee will cover your membership dues for the first
Copyright © 2007 -2012 Fine Speakers Bureau